14-09-2018, 03:33 PM
I got this old amp out of storage today, its not been very well looked after over the years since we stopped using it in about 1975.
It is one of a pair of nearly identical I own, they were bought as army surplus back around 1968 I think. I remember moditying them to have a wider frequency response as they were limited with very small interstage coupling capacitors and other filters. These drove my Dad's lowther speaker and another speaker of some unknown kind. I had one and my sister the other for a while, they are reunited now.
I've been listening to shortwave radio on it today on the old Lowther, next I'm going to play an old record I bought in a charity shop this morning - The King and I.
I'll get the other out and test that too now. A web search has found them to be very highly regarded in hi-fi circles. Perhaps the schematic will turn up if I look a bit more. I tried to show the glow of the valves in the photo, I'll try a bit harder next time.
David.







