Hi All
Sorry I've not been around for a while but I have just undergone some minor back surgery which has put me out of action for a few weeks.
I've decided to return to work on this amp that I bought many years ago for the sum of £20 knowing that it had issues. These were that the volume and gain pots were stiff to the point that you could only really turn them with a pair of pliers and that they were horrendously crackly!! I replaced these with the equivalent Alpha pots only to find that at the time there was absolutely no output...I then left this and forgot about the amp until I found it at the back of my workshop again.
Does anyone have any thoughts where the problem might be and where to start?
I've attached some pictures of a similar amp and a schematic.
Best Regards
marshall_reverb12_12w_5205_sch.pdf (Size: 181.32 KB / Downloads: 18)
PS - I'm not working on my 1930 clone amp as my back is still very bad and I cant lift very much at present....this will have to wait.
Sorry I've not been around for a while but I have just undergone some minor back surgery which has put me out of action for a few weeks.
I've decided to return to work on this amp that I bought many years ago for the sum of £20 knowing that it had issues. These were that the volume and gain pots were stiff to the point that you could only really turn them with a pair of pliers and that they were horrendously crackly!! I replaced these with the equivalent Alpha pots only to find that at the time there was absolutely no output...I then left this and forgot about the amp until I found it at the back of my workshop again.
Does anyone have any thoughts where the problem might be and where to start?
I've attached some pictures of a similar amp and a schematic.
Best Regards
marshall_reverb12_12w_5205_sch.pdf (Size: 181.32 KB / Downloads: 18)
PS - I'm not working on my 1930 clone amp as my back is still very bad and I cant lift very much at present....this will have to wait.
if all else fails...read the instructions!







