09-06-2020, 01:11 PM
I sometimes wonder with these where the line for gadget is drawn as some of our oldest gadgets may be regarded as sub-assemblies of systems - eg Band III convertors etc. That is being perhaps a little pedantic though.
My favourite opinion is actually things that are old and still in regular use. Perhaps multimeters or calculators for us. I do agree with the issue of software update though. My personal preference is to avoid, as far as possible, anything which relies on online connection for regular update and operation. Although they have not quite got to that, at least for most models, the trend toward permanently connected car electronics I find worrying. It won't be long before the system will be pressuring the driver to upgrade a couple of years after buying? I also believe that mine has storage for driving data that can be collected too. Maybe Google aren't the only ones
Tracy
My favourite opinion is actually things that are old and still in regular use. Perhaps multimeters or calculators for us. I do agree with the issue of software update though. My personal preference is to avoid, as far as possible, anything which relies on online connection for regular update and operation. Although they have not quite got to that, at least for most models, the trend toward permanently connected car electronics I find worrying. It won't be long before the system will be pressuring the driver to upgrade a couple of years after buying? I also believe that mine has storage for driving data that can be collected too. Maybe Google aren't the only ones
Tracy







