04-08-2018, 05:47 PM
Greetings, I can't imagine its a scratch built homebrew set because it has a custom tube surround. A kit seems more likeley.
The originl soldering looks quite professional, it has been modified and repaired over the years though.
Some parts look broken, wirewound resistors coming apart. There is a very early Radiospares capacator under the chassis.
Although it is an interseting historical itam I do like the things I keep to be in working condition and I see little chance of this working again as it has no power supply and there is no sound receiver either. I am tempted to test the circuits and see what can be coaxed into life however.
Probably the best outcome is for someone else to rescue it and give provide a lving home. I'm going to another car boot sale in the morning, who knows what I'll find tomorrow ...
Kind regards, David.
The originl soldering looks quite professional, it has been modified and repaired over the years though.
Some parts look broken, wirewound resistors coming apart. There is a very early Radiospares capacator under the chassis.
Although it is an interseting historical itam I do like the things I keep to be in working condition and I see little chance of this working again as it has no power supply and there is no sound receiver either. I am tempted to test the circuits and see what can be coaxed into life however.
Probably the best outcome is for someone else to rescue it and give provide a lving home. I'm going to another car boot sale in the morning, who knows what I'll find tomorrow ...
Kind regards, David.







