09-05-2017, 10:09 PM
I haven't listened on the bands for a good few years now. certainly top band was useless 80m less so, but that was then.
I did read an article somewhere that loop antennas were the way to go for reducing QRM. I will have a rummage for it.
Your restoration of the Eddystone S640 has encouraged me to dig out the 358 that has been in my loft for 10 years. It is pretty well a basket case having been bodged, stored in a shed for years and heavily overrun at around 300V HT instead of the 175V it was designed to operate at.
Al
I did read an article somewhere that loop antennas were the way to go for reducing QRM. I will have a rummage for it.
Your restoration of the Eddystone S640 has encouraged me to dig out the 358 that has been in my loft for 10 years. It is pretty well a basket case having been bodged, stored in a shed for years and heavily overrun at around 300V HT instead of the 175V it was designed to operate at.
Al
Tuned for maximum smoke .







