26-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Hello again,
Apologies for resurrecting such an old thread, but I finally got around to documenting my findings. In short, they are astonishing for the money, but not without their faults. I was concerned about the safety aspects of the capacitor dropper (not using an X2 rated capacitor, for example), so I'm using one with my own power supply arrangements. I've worked out what all the option jumpers on the display board do, and I've adapted mine to read with 10mA resolution instead of 100mA. For anyone using (or thinking of using) these modules, then you might be interested to see how I got on.
Link is here: http://www.markhennessy.co.uk/mdu/index.htm
It's only just been uploaded, and no-doubt contains many typos and mistakes (I write web pages "raw" in a text editor, so there is no spell-checking).
While it is in use, the project is a "work in progress". Feedback welcome.
All the best,
Mark
Apologies for resurrecting such an old thread, but I finally got around to documenting my findings. In short, they are astonishing for the money, but not without their faults. I was concerned about the safety aspects of the capacitor dropper (not using an X2 rated capacitor, for example), so I'm using one with my own power supply arrangements. I've worked out what all the option jumpers on the display board do, and I've adapted mine to read with 10mA resolution instead of 100mA. For anyone using (or thinking of using) these modules, then you might be interested to see how I got on.
Link is here: http://www.markhennessy.co.uk/mdu/index.htm
It's only just been uploaded, and no-doubt contains many typos and mistakes (I write web pages "raw" in a text editor, so there is no spell-checking).
While it is in use, the project is a "work in progress". Feedback welcome.
All the best,
Mark







