05-02-2014, 02:25 AM
I will have a look at the tech spec on the threads. They are about an inch or 25mm and I do know that they are called a "C" mount thread and it is for a camera lens. I am building a camera from a box of bits and it is looking like I have enough bits of electronics to make three and not just the one.
This runs me short of lens mounting parts and these are what I am looking for.
Last time I went to Chesterfield market the machine tool guy was not there due to winds strong enough that I was able to watch it sweep half the stock off a table in a single gust and the usual rain to go with it.
I will have to have another look for the size next time he is there but I do not have much hope.
I have some stuff that I could use to make a tool but it is very hard and my diamond grinder had to work very hard when I made a glass cutter. The old oven door that I was making a part out of exploded when I tried to snap it off. The glass cutter was fine though.
I only need the thread cut into a bit of angle iron and not a fancy stainless cylinder like the one in the photo.
The flange at the bottom of the thread is also not required and nor is the machining with the tapped hole as that is done in the new lens now. I will be fitting the black one and will only use the silver one if I get three going as I have another black one.
I can if armed with the gear teeth numbers do the maths and work out the selection list for the gears. I do know that it takes a few minutes to change gear on a vintage lathe and it looks like you have a good selection of gears for this.
On the electronics side it is a challenge and I have been writing a thread on VRAT and I can bring some of it over if you do not want to have a look over there. There is a very active TV section there.
http://www.forum.radios-tv.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7240&sid=d3bb39a41a6f4937dc171b061f6d266b
This runs me short of lens mounting parts and these are what I am looking for.
Last time I went to Chesterfield market the machine tool guy was not there due to winds strong enough that I was able to watch it sweep half the stock off a table in a single gust and the usual rain to go with it.
I will have to have another look for the size next time he is there but I do not have much hope.
I have some stuff that I could use to make a tool but it is very hard and my diamond grinder had to work very hard when I made a glass cutter. The old oven door that I was making a part out of exploded when I tried to snap it off. The glass cutter was fine though.
I only need the thread cut into a bit of angle iron and not a fancy stainless cylinder like the one in the photo.
The flange at the bottom of the thread is also not required and nor is the machining with the tapped hole as that is done in the new lens now. I will be fitting the black one and will only use the silver one if I get three going as I have another black one.
I can if armed with the gear teeth numbers do the maths and work out the selection list for the gears. I do know that it takes a few minutes to change gear on a vintage lathe and it looks like you have a good selection of gears for this.
On the electronics side it is a challenge and I have been writing a thread on VRAT and I can bring some of it over if you do not want to have a look over there. There is a very active TV section there.
http://www.forum.radios-tv.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7240&sid=d3bb39a41a6f4937dc171b061f6d266b







