19-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Hi,
Thanks Gary; whether paint stripping or paint spraying the same applies regarding the weather conditions; I've just come out of the garage after spending a bit of time at the lathe; I felt warm enough when I started turning but being engrossed in what I was doing and without heat turned on the cold quietly crept up on me; after dinner I'll turn the heat on. Even in mid summer here Gary we are prone to sudden gusts of wind or the occasional cloudburst so the best option is to work with the garage doors closed if I want to do a decent job; I still get interrupted though by people knocking on the doors. Not moaning; just a way of life.
At Rufforth Gary they sell 5ltr cans of paint stripper which makes Nitromors look like a soft drink; I've not bought any but at the stall the stallholder was issuing safety instructions as to just how powerful this stuff is; since I've wanted to buy some this stripper has suddenly disappeared which is about right for my luck. It's a beautiful sunny morning here but very cold.
I've not visited Halford's for many years but we are fortunate enough to have two auto paint dealers within a reasonable distance and if I take along the paint I wish to match they will match it perfectly and either supply as a spray can or in a tin for spray gun use;
http://www.autopainthuddersfield.biz/
http://www.yell.com/s/paint+spraying+and...sbury.html
I've got a lot of choice when it comes to paint suppliers; how are fixed for suppliers in your area Gary?
I intend to have fun and some quality time in the garage this afternoon; I've now got the round BMS stock to play with which should last a while?
Kind regards, Col.
Thanks Gary; whether paint stripping or paint spraying the same applies regarding the weather conditions; I've just come out of the garage after spending a bit of time at the lathe; I felt warm enough when I started turning but being engrossed in what I was doing and without heat turned on the cold quietly crept up on me; after dinner I'll turn the heat on. Even in mid summer here Gary we are prone to sudden gusts of wind or the occasional cloudburst so the best option is to work with the garage doors closed if I want to do a decent job; I still get interrupted though by people knocking on the doors. Not moaning; just a way of life.
At Rufforth Gary they sell 5ltr cans of paint stripper which makes Nitromors look like a soft drink; I've not bought any but at the stall the stallholder was issuing safety instructions as to just how powerful this stuff is; since I've wanted to buy some this stripper has suddenly disappeared which is about right for my luck. It's a beautiful sunny morning here but very cold.
I've not visited Halford's for many years but we are fortunate enough to have two auto paint dealers within a reasonable distance and if I take along the paint I wish to match they will match it perfectly and either supply as a spray can or in a tin for spray gun use;
http://www.autopainthuddersfield.biz/
http://www.yell.com/s/paint+spraying+and...sbury.html
I've got a lot of choice when it comes to paint suppliers; how are fixed for suppliers in your area Gary?
I intend to have fun and some quality time in the garage this afternoon; I've now got the round BMS stock to play with which should last a while?
Kind regards, Col.
Happiness is a wreck of a cabinet to restore.







