25-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Interesting videos. I'll have to try the marker idea as my sig gen/wobbulator is a little non linear with its sweep. (I know the marker idea works with the spectrum analyser.)
The wobbulator output in the video looks to be a little distorted. Ideally it should be a sine wave so perhaps the oscillator needs checking.
I was using my wobbulator last week to peak the IF of a Roberts radio that had been subject to the "phantom twiddler", ended up breaking one of the cores but managed to find a replacement and peaked the IF. It's now working but I suspect it needs a little more attention as it's not as sensitive as I'd hoped.
Keith
The wobbulator output in the video looks to be a little distorted. Ideally it should be a sine wave so perhaps the oscillator needs checking.
I was using my wobbulator last week to peak the IF of a Roberts radio that had been subject to the "phantom twiddler", ended up breaking one of the cores but managed to find a replacement and peaked the IF. It's now working but I suspect it needs a little more attention as it's not as sensitive as I'd hoped.
Keith







