15-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Huanyang are a tiny tiny company by comparison with the world-wide behemoth that is Mitsubishi - they are also only based in China, hence no world-wide network of support which gives low overheads - they get the world market via eBay and consequently can charge only 100 quid for something that others charge several times that for.
You get what you pay for to some extent - I have no doubt that the Huanyang is a great piece of kit, but by paying 100 quid you get little if any support, except from your peers, and they are mostly in the dark as well... caveat emptor and all that.
Regarding threads on other fora - I'm not knocking them all by any means, but there seems to be an almost complete lack of understanding out there on woodworking and CNC fora as to what VFDs really are, and how to use them. The signal to noise ratio is very poor.
Personally, I'd buy one if I needed it - they seem to be reliable and well built, but as I stated before, VFDs are complex beasts, subtle and quick to anger, so need lots of TLC...
You get what you pay for to some extent - I have no doubt that the Huanyang is a great piece of kit, but by paying 100 quid you get little if any support, except from your peers, and they are mostly in the dark as well... caveat emptor and all that.
Regarding threads on other fora - I'm not knocking them all by any means, but there seems to be an almost complete lack of understanding out there on woodworking and CNC fora as to what VFDs really are, and how to use them. The signal to noise ratio is very poor.
Personally, I'd buy one if I needed it - they seem to be reliable and well built, but as I stated before, VFDs are complex beasts, subtle and quick to anger, so need lots of TLC...
sıʌǝɹq ɐʇıʌ `ɐƃuol sɹɐ
ʞɔıu
ʞɔıu







