17-04-2013, 11:06 AM
(17-04-2013, 07:27 AM)Yorkie Wrote: A bit off topic but when browsing these meters, I came across a neat little pocket multimeter - handy to take to events such as the NVCF to check continuity of transformer windings etc. I have a little Beckman DM78 and the one at this link is on similar lines, but will read higher voltages (up to 600V rather than 240). Reads AC voltages from 40 - 400 Hz. Auto ranging and auto Off. The prods and test leads tuck neatly away, and though it isn't clear from the pic, I think there is a cover which fits over the display. £6.86 with free P&P. What's not to like?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330793811281
I would open it up when it arrives David - I bought a similar one and it had an intermittent problem. The (UK) seller OKd me to open it to check, and I was horrified at the extremely poor quality internally. It was a death trap. Therefore I photographed it and sent the pics to the seller asking for my money to be refunded. He obliged and withdrew them from sale immediately.
Not saying the one you linked to is the same, but worth checking on arrival.
Colin






