Thank you, Trevor: I'll try that - with perseverance!
O.K.: machine upside-down, remove 2 screws so that a pcb can be hinged out of the way, cut two cable ties and remove 3 screws - and the plate comes out. An inspection of the 'pendulum' failed to find anything adrift with it (as far as I could see): it was free to move & to engage the teeth on the gears on either tape spool axle. Re-assemble; test: fault remains.
O.K.: so perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree then; what was that above about a fuse? . . . . I wonder . . . . should be easy to check . . .
Al.
O.K.: machine upside-down, remove 2 screws so that a pcb can be hinged out of the way, cut two cable ties and remove 3 screws - and the plate comes out. An inspection of the 'pendulum' failed to find anything adrift with it (as far as I could see): it was free to move & to engage the teeth on the gears on either tape spool axle. Re-assemble; test: fault remains.
O.K.: so perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree then; what was that above about a fuse? . . . . I wonder . . . . should be easy to check . . .
Al.






