25-10-2012, 06:29 PM
I've done some more caps, four still to go, and actually SW is working well. I found the low volume was down to not thinking about the aerial trimmer. There's still nothing on LW and only Absolute and Radio Sheffield on MW.
I was getting an English-speaking Chinese thing, a couple of German and a lot that sounded like people vomiting so I assume they were actually speaking in French.
I must say that this 'Restoration,' as opposed to 'Repair,' lark isn't for me. I've chewed some screws trying to get them out when there was no real need to apart from to polish the heads. I then snapped one off when putting it back and trying to get all the slots to line-up.
I even wonder about the re-stuffing. In some ways it 'Preserves originality' but utterly destroys them in the process. Were I starting again I'd fit new ones but leave the old ones in place disconnected.
The markings on the case seem VERY delicate and I'm not at all sure that I'll be able to get the knobs off. The grub-screws aren't just rusted in place but have no slots left either.
I'll certainly be able to improve it and can't make the PSU look worse than its current PRU camouflage finish.
- Joe
I was getting an English-speaking Chinese thing, a couple of German and a lot that sounded like people vomiting so I assume they were actually speaking in French.
I must say that this 'Restoration,' as opposed to 'Repair,' lark isn't for me. I've chewed some screws trying to get them out when there was no real need to apart from to polish the heads. I then snapped one off when putting it back and trying to get all the slots to line-up.
I even wonder about the re-stuffing. In some ways it 'Preserves originality' but utterly destroys them in the process. Were I starting again I'd fit new ones but leave the old ones in place disconnected.
The markings on the case seem VERY delicate and I'm not at all sure that I'll be able to get the knobs off. The grub-screws aren't just rusted in place but have no slots left either.
I'll certainly be able to improve it and can't make the PSU look worse than its current PRU camouflage finish.
- Joe






