18-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Hi Andy, yes the BL63 has certainly gone up, Colomor are selling them at £50, I think the BL63 was only used in the R1155 as far as I know.
The audio brigade have cottoned on to them maybe, they seem to love these older type triodes, the 6F8 being an example.
£50 is too much for me as it stands, the original one in mine has it's envelope detached from it's base, not a problem in itself. I have no way of checking the functionality of the DF section at the moment, I remember checking the relevant valve voltages some while ago and seem to remember nothing untoward, I will check it out fully at some time
Lawrence.
The audio brigade have cottoned on to them maybe, they seem to love these older type triodes, the 6F8 being an example.
£50 is too much for me as it stands, the original one in mine has it's envelope detached from it's base, not a problem in itself. I have no way of checking the functionality of the DF section at the moment, I remember checking the relevant valve voltages some while ago and seem to remember nothing untoward, I will check it out fully at some time
Lawrence.







