26-05-2012, 04:04 PM
(25-05-2012, 11:07 PM)Skywave Wrote: Thanks Lawrence. That cct. now looks like something that I would expect to work - and work well: performance being largely dictated by the Q of the tuned ccts. and the general level and nature of the mechanical assembly - which, at the moment, is not yet complete of course. So the next stage is to get the local osc. section designed I suppose. It'll be interesting to see how that bit develops. Presumably, having got the freq. ranges correct, frequency stability will be the next most important factor.
I'll be watching . . . .
Al.
Thanks Al, yes, harmonic generator to try next, if I had more room on the table I would take the cover of the B40D and tap in to the Xtal marker as the one employed in it seems to give plenty of output within the receiver itself, trouble is in order to try a pick out harminics selectively I need another tuning capacitor and that's one thing I havn't got, time to do some Ebaying I think.
If and when I start the harmonic generator idea I will be sure to let the forum know as to wether it stands a chance of being a go or a no go.
Lawrence








