03-12-2023, 05:12 PM
Yes, an M4B (1936): the 1934 M4 was similar in appearance but can be recognised by its bent-sausage-shaped tuning dial simply calibrated 0-100, and the 1937 M4Q, the earliest Roberts set I have, was the first model to abandon the suitcase style in favour of the upright form with lid covering the controls.
https://groups.io/g/robertsradiogroup
has photographs of them all. Should be able to raise a useful sum with this set, early Roberts models are scarce - the company was small - and the very few I've seen sold haven't been at all cheap. I think the Wayfarer Minor was still around in 1936 - my example is currently in hiding somewhere, but here's a leaflet on it - in which case the M4B wasn't close to being the smallest set on the market.
Paul
https://groups.io/g/robertsradiogroup
has photographs of them all. Should be able to raise a useful sum with this set, early Roberts models are scarce - the company was small - and the very few I've seen sold haven't been at all cheap. I think the Wayfarer Minor was still around in 1936 - my example is currently in hiding somewhere, but here's a leaflet on it - in which case the M4B wasn't close to being the smallest set on the market.
Paul







