27-11-2023, 11:57 AM
Thank you Adam. I've always liked the 'shouldered' art-deco(?) styles of the time. Here, we have multiple shoulders!
David, your work is appreciated. I really can't remember where this picture came from. Maybe it was a screen grab from a street scene in a pre-war film. I do tend to keep an eye out for such opportunities whenever a film from 1937-40 comes up on Talking Pictures TV. Wouldn't it have been fascinating to have a day out in London at the time and perused the upmarket West End stores...
Steve
David, your work is appreciated. I really can't remember where this picture came from. Maybe it was a screen grab from a street scene in a pre-war film. I do tend to keep an eye out for such opportunities whenever a film from 1937-40 comes up on Talking Pictures TV. Wouldn't it have been fascinating to have a day out in London at the time and perused the upmarket West End stores...
Steve







