30-08-2014, 02:41 PM
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2014, 02:43 PM by Radio Fixer.)
I thought of that and that's why I will leave the main overhead shop light as 'old' ballast. But for a bench magnifying lamp it doesn't matter, I always turned it off when listening anyway. With the magnetic ballast it was very noisy ... maybe due to flicker in the gas and fluctuating current with radiated interference from the wiring ?
Actually the electronic seems good, certainly better than before. Can hear it as it strikes the tube and then it seems OK. If I turn it off I don't hear any change, mind you I only have 10 foot of wire aerial at the mo !
Gary
Actually the electronic seems good, certainly better than before. Can hear it as it strikes the tube and then it seems OK. If I turn it off I don't hear any change, mind you I only have 10 foot of wire aerial at the mo !
Gary







