03-02-2014, 12:38 PM
Hi,
I'll shortly be starting my Lorch lathe restoration and have been browsing the web for ideas. I came across the following YouTube video which might prove interesting to other members who like me are running old machines with flat leather belt drives. I've not seen a belt joined using this technique for around 50 years so thought it worth sharing. I dislike the alligator type metal belt fastening clips and for a bit of extra effort this method is preferable. I'll look into converting the Lorch into flat endless belts but hope you enjoy this video?
Anymore old skills?
Kind regards, Col.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TLSx-O0Bjk
I'll shortly be starting my Lorch lathe restoration and have been browsing the web for ideas. I came across the following YouTube video which might prove interesting to other members who like me are running old machines with flat leather belt drives. I've not seen a belt joined using this technique for around 50 years so thought it worth sharing. I dislike the alligator type metal belt fastening clips and for a bit of extra effort this method is preferable. I'll look into converting the Lorch into flat endless belts but hope you enjoy this video?
Anymore old skills?
Kind regards, Col.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TLSx-O0Bjk
Happiness is a wreck of a cabinet to restore.







